Position Overview – Bookkeeper
We’re in the business of providing impactful, world-class photography excursions & digital online learning courses.
Our perfect candidate is a star when it comes to managing all the moving pieces involved in an array of projects. You’re detail oriented, organized, and great at juggling the different timelines and people involved in various initiatives.
It is important that our bookkeeper is committed to excellence and always game to learn new things. We need someone who’s experienced, confident in their Quickbooks Online skills, and ready to dive in headfirst and get results.
This role is a full-time remote position.
You’ll report directly to our Director while working with our logistics & field operations to manage reciepts, finance & payroll.
We’re not your average company — we always make sure our team members have plenty of freedom and flexibility to live their best lives, recharge, and have fun (major perks of working as a remote team!)
That said, the adventure travel world doesn’t take breaks — that’s why we need our team members to be flexible too. The tasks required in this role typically fit into an 8-4pm (mountain) schedule however occasionally we will need to tap into hours outside that range.
Our dream bookkeeper is open to finding their own rhythm that serves their life while aligning with the guiding principle of “until the job is done”.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing Quickbooks Online – Setup, Catch up & Clean Up
- Responsible for Payroll Processing through 3rd party payroll provider
- Responsible for entering & correcting Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable
- Responsible for reconciling accounts & matching bank transactions
- Responsible for managing employee expenses using Expensify
- Responsible for always learning and implementing new skills and ideas where they make sense.
- Responsible for finding and implementing ways to tighten up and improve our current processes
Skills and Abilities – The ideal candidate possesses the following strengths and skills:
- 2+ years full-time bookkeeping
- 2+ years experience in Quickbooks Online
- 2+ years experience with Expensify
- 2+ years experience processing payroll
- The ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously — you get things done, meet deadlines and keep promises
- Insane attention to detail and high standards when it comes to quality
- Creative problem solving skills and the ability to think ahead and juggle lots of projects without dropping the ball
- Positive, flexible, solution oriented, and excited to work with a diverse team working toward common goals
- Mature, coachable, and happy doing high-level projects as well as mundane design tasks (there will be a mix of both!)
- Outstanding communication skills (both written and verbal) — you have a knack for offering constructive feedback, effective delegation, and ensuring everyone on your team is on the same page
This is a remote work / home-based position. Please note that all candidates must have the following:
- Laptop or computer that is compatible with Microsoft and Adobe products
- Dual Monitor Setup
- Reliable Wi-Fi connection
- Quiet, dedicate workplace
Backcountry Journeys Perks
Did we forget to mention all of the BCJ perks? We’re fast-paced and rapidly growing. Our small but mighty team is composed of talented and motivated individuals who enjoy coming into work. But these awesome perks help just a little too:
- Competitive compensation with bonus potential
- Two Weeks Paid Time Off plus flexible schedule allowing for additional time off
- Never working on your birthday again! Hit the beach or the spa, we don’t care what you do, just don’t come to work!
- Health Insurance Equivalent Payments after 90 days.
- What can we say? We really like each other! From team building events and happy hours to annual team trips, we like to work hard and play hard!
- Forget the traditional corporate culture. Have a question? Have an emergency? Having a bad day? At BCJ we are all family and here to support you however we can!
If you’d like to be considered for this role please submit the application below along with:
- Cover letter and PDF of your resume
- Copies of your Driver’s License & Social Security Card
- Submit Pre-Employment Assessments from TestGorilla (click here)
- A 3-minute video introduction telling us about yourself (We will not review videos longer than 3 minutes)