Position Overview – Marketing Manager
We’re in the business of providing impactful, world-class photography excursions & digital online learning courses.
Our perfect candidate is a star when it comes to managing all the moving pieces involved in an array of marketing projects. You’re detail oriented, organized, and great at juggling the different timelines and people involved in various initiatives.
You love online marketing — webinars, sales funnels, conversion optimization, analytics, and launches are your love language. You’re not afraid to dig into the data and pinpoint blind spots but you’re equally fearless in your ability to zoom out and bring big picture goals to life.
It is important that our Marketing Manager is committed to excellence and always game to learn new things. We need someone who’s experienced, confident in their online marketing skills, and ready to dive in headfirst and get results.
This position’s primary focus is to oversee the creation, execution, and conversion optimization of our marketing campaigns & sales funnels. We’re looking for someone who’s happy to keep up with the fast pace of our growing team – this is a senior level / managerial role.
You’re a forward thinking action taker and continuously learning, improving, and refining your skills is a part of who you are. As a remote team, we do things differently and we need someone who’s adaptable and able to work independently most of the time.
We’re looking for an experienced project manager who gets the world of digital launches and online marketing.
You’re confident in your ability to lead a team, delegate, and stay on top of lots of moving pieces. If you’re driven to work at a high-level with a fun lovin’ company where more growth equals more lives changed by sending people across the world on photography adventures….read on!
This role is a full-time remote position.
You’ll report directly to our Director while managing a small team of creatives.
We’re not your average company — we always make sure our team members have plenty of freedom and flexibility to live their best lives, recharge, and have fun (major perks of working as a remote team!)
That said, the online marketing world doesn’t take breaks — that’s why we need our team members to be flexible too. The tasks required in this role typically fit into an 8-4pm (mountain) schedule but during new trip & course launches and busy seasons, we tend to tap into hours outside that range.
Our dream Marketing Manager is open to finding their own rhythm that serves their life while aligning with the guiding principle of “until the job is done”.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for creating, growing & managing Paid Advertising campaigns on Google, Facebook & other online platforms
- Responsible for effectiveness of email marketing
- Responsible for creating, building, maintaining & optimizing our website & landing pages (we use WordPress & Ontraport so you don’t need to be a coder but html experience is a plus
- Responsible for ensuring all marketing assets are aligned and consistent with our brand standards — you understand that what sets us apart isn’t just our marketing strategy but the quality of our copy, design, and user experience
- Responsible for working closely & coaching the creative team to execute big picture vision for our marketing campaigns
- Responsible for always learning and implementing new skills and ideas where they make sense. You pride yourself in staying up to date with the latest digital marketing strategies and bring informed input to the marketing team
- Responsible for finding and implementing ways to tighten up and improve our current processes
- Responsible for managing & maintain our “tech stack” & various software application used throughout the company
Skills and Abilities – The ideal candidate possesses the following strengths and skills:
- 2+ years experience in the world of digital marketing, ppc management, launches, and creative project management
- 3+ years experience in a managerial role, managing & coaching an effective creative team
- A love of numbers, and data and the ability to translate those into tangible actions we can take
- The ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously — you get things done, meet deadlines and keep promises
- Insane attention to detail and high standards when it comes to quality
- Creative problem solving skills and the ability to think ahead and juggle lots of projects without dropping the ball
- Positive, flexible, solution oriented, and excited to work with a diverse team of digital marketing & creative pros working toward common goals
- Mature, coachable, and happy doing high-level projects as well as mundane design tasks (there will be a mix of both!)
- Outstanding communication skills (both written and verbal) — you have a knack for offering constructive feedback, effective delegation, and ensuring everyone on your team is on the same page
This is a remote work / home-based position. Please note that all candidates must have the following:
- Laptop or computer that is compatible with Microsoft and Adobe products
- Reliable Wi-Fi connection
- Quiet, dedicate workplace
Backcountry Journeys Perks
Did we forget to mention all of the BCJ perks? We’re fast-paced and rapidly growing. Our small but mighty team is composed of talented and motivated individuals who enjoy coming into work. But these awesome perks help just a little too:
- Competitive compensation with bonus potential
- Two Weeks Paid Time Off plus flexible schedule allowing for additional time off
- Never working on your birthday again! Hit the beach or the spa, we don’t care what you do, just don’t come to work!
- Health Insurance Equivalent Payments after 90 days.
- What can we say? We really like each other! From team building events and happy hours to annual team trips, we like to work hard and play hard!
- Forget the traditional corporate culture. Have a question? Have an emergency? Having a bad day? At BCJ we are all family and here to support you however we can!
- Something you’ve always wanted to learn? We offer annual professional and personal development opportunities, and you get to choose!
- Opportunities to join in on trips to see what we’re all about!
If you’d like to be considered for this role please submit the application below along with:
- Cover letter and PDF of your resume
- Copies of your Driver’s License & Social Security Card
- Submit Pre-Employment Assessment from TestGorilla
- A 3-minute video introduction telling us about yourself (We will not review videos longer than 3 minutes)