“What’s your favorite photo location?”
It’s an easy answer for guide Ben Blankenship, Costa Rica. The ‘Why’ is simple for Ben: biodiversity.
Costa Rica, geographically, is roughly the size of West Virginia, which means it makes up about .03% of the world’s landmass. If you’re a math whizz, then you know that this means it makes up just 3 / 10,000ths of all of our planet’s dry land. But, get this; Costa Rica is home to 5% of the world’s biodiversity!
Let’s stop and think about that for a minute. Let’s take into account the staggering number of species that live in the Amazon, the South Pacific, sub-Saharan Africa, and the rest of the entire world. And Costa Rica, even though just a drop in the bucket in terms of landmass, accounts for 1/20th of all the world’s biodiversity. Crazy right?
- Filmed by Ben Blankenship
- Produced by Matt Meisenheimer and Ben Blankenship
- SUBSCRIBE for more videos! https://www.youtube.com/c/Backcountry….
- Check out our Costa Rica Workshops! https://backcountryjourneys.com/desti…
- Learn about Backcountry Journeys once-in-a-lifetime photo tours and workshops! https://backcountryjourneys.com
Don’t Miss the Next Session of BCJ “Live”
Night Sky Post-Processing
with Ben Blankenship
Tuesday, May 18th, 2021 at 11 am (Mountain)